THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: varmit rifle which cal????

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: varmit rifle which cal????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
JayB---I did a little testing with Unique and with the 4227 and the 4227 was what I picked. I use mostly wheelweights--and whatever I find that melts. I don't attempt to make exacting blends. Well I do too,I carefully blend free wheel weights with equal amounts of those i didnt have to pay for. I water drop them. I use FWFBL(felix world famous bullet lube)that I made. I did make the HUGE mistake of trying them on a spike buck---not one drop of blood found and he was running last I saw of him. So basically,for my purposes,the cast are plinkers in this cal.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Carpetman,

I use exactly the same careful blend of wheelweights that you do, and just lately have been using Lee's liquid Alox, and I have to admit to being quite impresed with it. I have not and do not intend to use this round on Deer, just rabits, crows and foxes and a lot of paper. I have a 6.5 Swede that I intend to use for Deer with cast bullets, but I will not get around to that until I have decided on the final(ish) load for the 243, until then the Hornady 129 grainers drop them in their tracks just perfect.

John

Posts: 275 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote