THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Manlicker ?'s besides how to spell;)

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manlicker ?'s besides how to spell;)
 Login/Join

<X-Ring>
posted
Hey guys a freinds son has found a early 60's manlicker brand rifle in 270 win, with set trigger and a Loupold scope. I haven't seen the set up but he claims it's in great to perfect shape.
2 thing I don't know here about what is something like that worth?
Is this a good rifle. I have to admite I have never treid one I have heard the name and heard they are good ,but really don't know. I also don't know what model it is so I can't help there. What do you guys think of these rifles?
Thanks for the info X-Ring

------------------
Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Manlicker is what my girl freind does. Mannlicher is the proper spelling.

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Carl>
posted
If you have a Commercial Mannlicher Schoenauer in good condition then my Friend you have something of the very best old world Quality. These Rifles are easily recognized by the Steel magazin Floorplate which must be turned 90 degee in order to remove the machined magazine mechanism for cleaning.

However if you have a Styr Mannlicher you have a very inovative Repeater in you hands. Most of these where build with the neopreme Rotary Magazine which could hold moore shells then any other Magnums I know.

Merry Chrismas and a Happy new year, Carl