New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larue 5.56 predator
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tested my Larue Predator 5.56 with a 1-8x vortex strike eagle scope and cheap federal ammo.

125 yards

Very impressed for a light ar rifle.

The larue trigger sucks - I need to get a target trigger - any recommendations?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, impressive accuracy from a semi-auto rifle! Google AR triggers...there are a bunch of aftermarket offerings.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LaRue stuff is top notch.

As far as triggers I have Wilson triggers that I like and I have used the Armalite two stage triggers for many years which is also nice. Both will shoot groups as close as the rifles and I can. Wilson makes both a single stage and a two stage BTW.

A lot of guys of course use the Giesselle triggers too, and while I have shot them before in other guys ARs, the ones I own and have used most are the two above.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking this

https://geissele.com/super-dyn...nhanced-trigger.html

But I will check the other ones mentioned.

This rifle deserves a better trigger and maybe a better scope.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im sure its good - but Ive never used a flat trigger either but that's just personal preference.

The Armalite National Match 2 stage triggers used to be about $80 or $90. Earlier I had been told they can wear out but Im sure one of mine has 10,000 rounds on it and it has never worn out but I have its replacement boxed and ready for when it does.

The LaRue scope mounts like the 104 are also excellent IMO by the way.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote