THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    6.5 mm Nosler Partition Performance Results

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 mm Nosler Partition Performance Results
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted
Had a discussion with someone the other day..

This is the performance that I got from a Nosler Partition last October on a 175 lb Oregon Blacktail...

The bullet was out of a Ruger Chembered in 260 Remington, and the load had an MV of 3350 fps...

The distance was about 110 to 120 yds...

Even after this, the deer managed to run 30 yds or so.. albeit in a buttonhook route...Shows how tough some of these deer can be....

oops, forgot to mention that it was a 105 grain SMP Partition, that is made for the Euro Market, but I picked up a couple of hundred as seconds at Nosler's Shooter's ProShop in Bend Oregon...

cheers
seafire

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What does the SMP stand for?

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I'm taking a long shot with a faulty memory but I believe that is Noslers designation for semi-pointed.
I would like to have several hundred of those myself or the 100 grain regular pointed partition.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 100gr 264 Partitions sold here are great deer bullets in my 260 with 41.5gr of Varget.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I used a 6.5mm, 125 grain Partition this past season to take a whitetail buck at 220 yards using nothing but a fireforming load for my 26" Match Grade Machine Contender barrel in 6.5mm Bullberry Imp.

The MV of the load, pushed by 39 grains of N160, is a sedate 2700 fps, but the accuracy is fantastic -- and that's why I chose to hunt with it. Typical 100 yard groups run around 0.5 MOA for 5 shots.

Some may wonder why I'd use a premium in a fireforming load, but the answer is simple: Thanks to a sale at the Shooter's Pro Shop, I picked them up for 9.95 per bag, which is cheaper that standard cup and core bullets.

Here is the buck. I don't have any autopsy photos available, but the terminal performance was excellent and put the buck down in his tracks.

I also used that same FF/Partition load tot ake the boar below. Again, terminal performance was excellent -- and the results were conslusive. ANd, in typical Partition fashion, the bullets exited in both instances.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recovered quite a few 100gr BT's fired from a 264 WM out of 'roos........amazingly enough; not that many jacket core separations..........better bullet than you think thumb

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Blair 338/378 wrote:
quote:
better bullet than you think

The Partition is STILL the standard by which other premium bullets are judged.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used a few of these in my .260 on Texas white tail and Axis doe. Very impressive, However, I still fall back on the 160 grain class 6.5mm slugs in the 6.5x54 and 6.5x57 for slamdunk deer performance.
LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote