Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 Creedmoor
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
Is this cartridge catching on? Anyone have one? How do you like it?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
You really should consider a 338 RCM instead. It comes in a nice light handy package capable of taking anything in North America at sane ranges. Cool

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe R. Lock
posted Hide Post
When I had my custom 6.5 made, I considered the Creedmoor as a choice, buy finally decided on the 6.5x55 because I built the gun on a M98 1909 Argentine action and I felt the longer length action would be more appropriate for the longer cartridge.
joe

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottfromdallas:
You really should consider a 338 RCM instead. It comes in a nice light handy package capable of taking anything in North America at sane ranges. Cool

yuck

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave.

I don't have one, but have done a LOT of research on the 6.5 Creedmoor. As you probably already know, the case is essentially a .250 Savage Improved, necked up to 6.5mm. From what I have found, it is very accurate and very efficient, matching .260 Remington velocities in a shorter case. Its ideal place is in a short action or in an AR where the short case allows bullets to be seated out. I contemplated building one on a .308 length Sako Forrester action.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3843 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of .404
posted Hide Post
I have two Ruger Hawkeyes,lots of fun,light recoil and accurate. I have them set up for deer and 'yotes,the other LR steel plates....

I pray for mud on my boots the day I die...
Go see the nights of Africa.....

Posts: 208 | Location: back home in the Tarheel state | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I realy had the hankerin' for a Creedmore until Lapua started making Rem 260 brass.

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Sure do Dave. It's my new most favorite rifle. . It's very efficient. Mild shooting and pretty much duplicates the Sweede as far as what size game it will efficiently kill. Of course mine is a stainless Ruger. I plan on taking my moose this coming year and if I get down to the coast I'll kill a brown bear with it.
I got mine as a general purpose winter rifle for fox thru caribou with the right bullet for each.
I absolutely recommended the round.

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Built one here recently for a customer. I did a 6.5x47 for myself a couple years back prior to the Creedmore being available. As a result I've done a couple more 6.5x47's for myself just because it didn't make much sense to add another caliber. If I were to be starting from scratch at this point I'd probably do the Creedmore simply based on cost. Within the tactical shooting community it's deffinately seeing alot of support especially for guys that have no interest in reloading.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote