THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Browning Abolt owners, esp. in 260, question for you

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Abolt owners, esp. in 260, question for you
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted
I was curious what twist did Browning use? I believe 9 or 10....anyone know?

I am curious how they shoot and with what bullet weights.

I noticed a nice SS with White Gold Medallion stock on Gunbroker.....

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bama7x57
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the twist but my a-bolt micro .260 shoots the 120 speer hotcore pretty good, 1" on a good day. Have not tried anything else since the speer hotcore is my bullet of choice

Bama

Posts: 84 | Location: alabama | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but my a-bolt micro .260 shoots

I'd sure like to have one of those.. sorry I didn't buy when the short time they were available!!!!!

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bama7x57
posted Hide Post
IM glad to have it. I just happened to stumble upon a good deal. Eeker I hope my daughter gets good use from it this season.

bama

Posts: 84 | Location: alabama | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
I found a thread on 24hrcampfire or somewhere, it said the browning's had 10 twist, I seem to recall the 1885 did, and I guess the abolt also. I guess you have to stay at or below 129's. 120's and lower are likely best in the browning.

Seen some 9 twist and prefer 8, but why the 10 I cannot understand if that is true. Esp. when Rem loads 140 factory ammo.

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote