Find
Notify
Tools

Savage 14 , nice wood
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
It's in 250-3000. American Classic Model 14. The manager in the store called to verify the caliber I wanted. Guess he didn't want to get stuck with it.

I still haven't made it to the range yet. Broke my leg right after ordering it in Jan.

for you camera guys..
Nikon d300
Nikon 17-35 f2.8
1 qt plastic container over the SB800 flash
with a white construction paper reflector behind it.

Posts: 6487 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got it in .243. Really nice.

Posts: 16133 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking stock!

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That wood is to nice for a Savage! Hope it shoots well for you!

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich

I have the same rifle and have done loads with 75gr hornady hp with 4064, 87 speer tnt with reloder 15, and 100gr Sierra with varget. In each case the load with the most powder was far and away more accurate than the others. I did weight sort my bag of new Win brass. I tried both fb and bt sierra 100gr bullets and the fb's grouped more tightly in my American Classic. FS

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one of these when they were the Remmy 700 Classic several years ago. Made two mistakes.

1. had it rechambered for 25-284.
2. got talked out of it for about twice what I had in it.

That 14 is a beaut...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That is the nicest wood I have seen on a Savage. Congratulations. Hope your leg is mending.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a Savage combo gun .222/20 guage model 24v that I gave to a son in law. The butt was a very fine figured piece. I couldn't believe Savage put it on a gun.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Savage Classic is a rifle to be proud of. Finally a Savage that not only shoots great, but looks great to boot. Great caliber pick as well.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote