New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Cooper Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have two Mod 21's, a 223Rem and a 17 Mach IV. Excellent fit and finish, and the 223 Cooper pushed my Colt AR Match into second place in accuracy, shooting in the 3's when I do my part.
The 17 has been a bit of a problem child, going back to Cooper due to accuracy issues. Should arrive soon with a new barrel.
Triggers are readily adjustable (if needed).
One brother of mine has a Mod 22 in 6.5-284, and it is quite amazing.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Anyone own a Cooper Rifle? Do you like it? I've thought about getting a Model 22 in 257 Roberts. Not too many folks have left-handed Roberts available. I regret selling my Dakota in that caliber. Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
I have a Cooper 57 Classic in 22LR and it shoots .1" groups @ 50 yards. I have a Cooper 21 Varmint in 17 Mach IV on order and will probably order a 21 Varmint is 204 Ruger.

I guess that means I like them. :-)

Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of Coopers and they are some of the finest rifles I've owned. My 22-250 Custom Classic routinely shoots in the mid .3's with several different bullets, under ideal conditions. My best 3-shot group is a .068 at 100 yds, with many in the .1's. My best long range group is a 2.35" at 650 yards shot with 52 gr JLK LD bullets. Have you checked out the gunsamerica.com site for Cooper rifles? I bought my 22-250 from an outfit called etown gun shop listed there. He was highly recommended by Cooper.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, thus far, have you seen anything negative???

NO

They are worth every penny you pay for them. Honestly, I'm worried about the day Cooper realizes that they could get several hundred dollars more.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mulerider,
Yes, it was copper fouling I was referring to. Thanks for the reply.
Stepchild

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeff,

I have a LH Varminter in .17 Mach IV that shoots very well.

The only downside to Coopers is that they will not produce a repeater.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Add my name to the list of Cooper owners. I have a Varminter in 17 Ackley Hornet. I spent close to nine years saving up for and then searching for this gem. The wait was well worth it!

The only problem I have with Cooper is now I want lots more!

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got 2, a 17HMR and a 22 mag. Both are excellent rifles, very accurate and beautiful. I plan on buying more! I just wish they had a centerfire repeater.

Posts: 54 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 20 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 57-M shoots much better than I can from a bench. It is a beautiful piece of work and worth every penny for a Left handed rifle.

Posts: 121 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Cooper rimfire Mdl. 57 M LVT 17 HMR has become my favorite prairie dog rifle for shots out to about 180 Yds. I,ll have the same Mdl. in the 17 HM2 for 05 spring prairie dog pup shooting out to 120 Yds. I would like to see Cooper come out with a magazine rifle in the 204 Ruger round .

Posts: 193 | Location: Nebr Panhandle | Registered: 13 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have many Coopers from their CCMs through their centerfires....I have bought my last, though...They have taken on an arrogance that defies description....My dealer ordered a Custom Classic in 204 for me several months ago (a 6-8 month wait)....Well, Cooper claims they never got his fax AND, further, refused to substitute my rifle on the waiting list hierarchy in place of another rifle he had ordered.....No explanation given by Cooper except it was their "policy"....makes absolutely no sense....

So my "policy" now is to not bother them with my business....

I ordered a much better rifle, by the way....a Cascade ....

Posts: 128 | Location: western PA | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote