New
Find
Notify
Tools

17 cal. arbors?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I can't locate 17 cal arbors for use on my .17 hmr. My BSA boresighter kit has a .177 arbor ( for airguns) but not the .172.

Anyone know where one can get purchased? Would just as soon not mess with turning mine down. No luck so far with my usual sources.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Borealis Bob: I also am looking for 20 caliber and 17 caliber centerfire arbors for my Bushnell Bore Sighter!
Right now I am contemplating just buying one of the newest Leupold "magnetic to the muzzle" type boresighter - they should work on whatever new caliber comes along!
Good luck in your search.
BTT if nothing else here for you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey guys its easy - just go to anybody with a lathe and have them turn down a little piece of aluminum rod to fit. Not lathe? use a poor mans lathe; put a piece of rod in the chuck of an electric drill, put the drill in a vice and turn it on. hold a file against the rod unti you turn it down to diameter. I say use aluminum, only because its soft and cuts easily. it also gumms up a file quick

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder how boresighting was accomplished before Bushnell& the Like?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
butchloc..

Yes, I've thought of that. But I find the spring detent built into the arbor to be useful.
Might have to try the Leupold item or just squint down the bore like I used to do.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote