THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Whats the value of a Remington 6.5 magnum

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats the value of a Remington 6.5 magnum
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Remington Model 600 6.5mm Rem Mag with a Walnut Stock and a3x9x50 Bausch & Lomb scope Does anyone know the value of this gun and is it a collectors gun.

Posts: 4 | Location: Almont,Michigan | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll give you $300 for it and pay shipping.
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Smallies, I bought one, about 95% condition, five or six years ago for $450. It didn't have a scope.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is DEFINITELY a collector's piece(especially in good condition). There weren't very many M 600 rifles manufactured with the 350 or 6.5 Remington magnums and now that Remington is re-introducing them in the NEW Model 673 the value should rise considerably.

Does it have the original 5 piece laminate stock???

The Blue Book value ranges from $425 for one in 60% to $975 for one in 95%.

NICE TRY Yardbird... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ( if you ran some ads in Canada last year you could have bought many 600's and 660's for about 400 bucks Canadian)

I paid 400 for my 350 Rem Mag in M600 and it was in about 95% condition. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 37 | Location: canada | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Corey006, Yes it does have the five piece laminated stock. I bought the gun off my old boss for $400.00 It is real hard to find ammo for this gun. I would appreciate any leads on ammo. Yardbird cracked me up with that offer. there is one just like mine on gunsamerica but it is a .350 would love to get that gun and have matching guns buut they want around$850.00 thanks for the info i think i am going to keep this gun, I am also reluctant to even use for deer hunting but both bucks i have shot with it have dropped on the spot. Thanks, Smallies and Bucks.

Posts: 4 | Location: Almont,Michigan | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
S & B, you can make 6.5 Rem cases from 350 Rem Mag cases, which they still make (actually, you can make the cases from any belted mag cases, 7mm, 264, etc, but the 350 starts out the right length.). Other then that, old gun shop stock, gun shows, etc. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just for the record I was merely seeing what kind of reaction I would get. I was being a smartass, and if smallies and bucks would have been dumb enough to take my money and I get the rifle, he didn't deserve to have it in the first place! [Smile]
Good to see that you're on top of your game smallies!
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
<OTTO>
posted
I recently reloaded a bunch of 6.5RM cases for a buddy and his 600 remington. I got some new brass from liberty shooting supplies. Midway had some Lee dies. I had to load them with 120 gr bullets due to the short action length. They chronied about 2750 to 2800. I doubt you will find any factory ammo. If you do it will be old.

http://libertyshootingsupplies.com/index.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I had a Ruger 77 in 6.5 Remington. I loaded for it with a set of .264 Winchester dies which I cut about a half-inch off of the bottoms. I used some .264 Win cases to resize and trim (although today 7mm Rem cases would probably be the easiest and cheapest to come by). Excellent results. I don't remember the weight of the powder charge, but I used surplus 4831 behind a 120 grain Sierra for one-shot kills on a coyote and a whitetail before trading the gun (sometimes we do regretable things).

Come to think of it, I think I still have about a box of those loads somewhere in my collection. If you are interested in them, shoot me an email (but it will be a couple of weeks before I can retrieve them dut to an upcoming trip).

[ 01-22-2003, 00:37: Message edited by: Stonecreek ]

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a 600/660 with 308 bolt face to rebbl to 358 Winchester and was just on gunsamerica. There are no 6.5s listed but there's a 6 mm for $760, a 243 for $350, a 243 for $475 and a 350 mag for $1250. I guess the 243s are most common.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote