THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: 120g Sierra Pro Hunter for Southern Whittail?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 120g Sierra Pro Hunter for Southern Whittail?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted
Hogwild & RiverRat:

I have had great success with the 120 Sierra in my 6.5-06. Velocities run around 3150, and I shot an antelope in Wyoming last year and put him down without a twitch.

As to the 129 SST'S, I can't get them to shoot any better than RiverRat did. They didn't work well in 270 either, I threw um out!

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hate to pile on but I had no luck with the 129g SST either! Traded teh remainder of teh box for standard 129g SPPT Hornady and they seem to work fine.

Thanks for all your replies both positive and negative on the Pro Hunter Sierras. I've decided to try them myself and will report back.

Posts: 174 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote