New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best scope value for .22?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am going to buy a target model .22 in the next week or two. I will be using it to punch paper from 25 to 100 yards. I am looking for a reasonbly priced scope with good clarity at 100 yards. Most of my shooting will be from the bench in good light, so I dont need a low light coating etc.. Any suggestions?

Posts: 130 | Location: Montana | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Kimber Super America and put a Burris Rim Fire 4 X 12.
Clear, works darn good, holds and returns to changes and looks darn good with target knobs etc. A Middel of the road quality scope.
Tack

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the Leupold 3-9X Compact with adjustable objective for this kind of use. It is the "Extended Focus Range" model which will focus down to 20 feet or so. It's eye relief and eye placement are somewhat more forgiving than the Burris product. I think they are selling at a tad over $300, if that is within your price range.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I bought a Kimber Super America and put a Burris Rim Fire 4 X 12.

Clear, works darn good, holds and returns to changes and looks darn good with target knobs etc. A Middel of the road quality scope.

Tack

I concur, my Anschutz wears one with pride, very clear scope in a small package, mine has the ballistic Plex reticle w/o target knobs, among the BEST in compacts, The eye Relief is better than and more forgiving than a Leupold, 3.75"-5" on ANY power, that's 5" on 4 or 12 power, Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote