New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 700 in 260 AI (Pics)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got a digital camera for Christmas so I thought I would post a picture of my whitetail rifle (I posted this at the end of another thread but no one ever reads that thread ):

This is an older Rem action that locks the bolt when the safety is on. The scope is a 3-12x42 Sightron that weighs 13 oz. Mounts are made by Control which weigh 4 oz if my memory is correct.

Pac-Nor, #2 contour, super match grade 24" barrel, that's chambered in 260 AI (smith had the reamer on hand so I went with the Ackley Improved version cause I'm cheap and didn't want to buy another reamer )

The stock is a Lone Wolf Summit. With Lone Wolf pad, studs, and bedding it weighs 19 oz. The rifle balances on the front recoil lug (it's actuallly balanced on the red bird feeder hanger in the photo)

My whittail load this fall was 50.0g of H-4350 behind a 100g Partition. Tripped the crono at 3,340 fps and shoots 5/8" groups.

Good whitetail medicine,

HogWild

Posts: 174 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
very nice. Now shoot it till the barrel falls off and get one in a 'nother caliber!

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote