New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a New Stock...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys, a friend of mine is looking for a new stock for her dad's old Winchester Model 670 (I think, might have been 770) .243 Winchester? That's not a typo, I never knew anything about this gun til I saw hers, I guess it was an economy version of the Model 70? Anyway, the wood stock is getting pretty warped and not holding zero well, so she wants to try and replace it with a synthetic stock, anyone know where she could find one? Thanks in advance.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Justin

I bought my Dad a Ramline M70 stock for his 670, BUT I also added a Williams floorplate to it.

The trigger safety had to be inlet just a little.

His 670 had only a trigger loop and trigger safety, no 3 position bolt safety of floorplate.

GL

RIch

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rich,

Was it a lot of work to get the Model 70 stock to fit? I know my friend doesn't want to put a lot of money into the rifle, but if we could do the work ourselves, I guess it'd be worth a try.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
post a wanted to buy ad in the classifieds here....i sold a m70 stock for $65....it was wood...btw, does yours have a floorplate or blind magazine???....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2829 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Justin

It wasn't bad but the floorplate was more than the stock.

quote:
Originally posted by JustinL01:
rich,

Was it a lot of work to get the Model 70 stock to fit? I know my friend doesn't want to put a lot of money into the rifle, but if we could do the work ourselves, I guess it'd be worth a try.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jimatcat,

I'm not sure, I'll have to check on that, will there be a big difference?

richj,

Thanks again, I'm gonna start looking into it.