Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anybody have a source for correctly head stamped brass.Thanks RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
<BigBores>
posted
RNS,

Is there a particular reason you want the brass headstamped ackley improved? Just curious. I have been using standard winchester brass without problems. Do you have 2 seperate guns, 1 ackley and 1 not? The sharp shoulder on the ackley is pretty obvious at a glance. Just wondering...

one of us
posted Hide Post
There may be some floating around out there, but I've never heard of any.

It is said that some countries refuse to allow the importation of ammunition which is not stamped the same as the gun with which it is imported. I can't imagine bureaucrats being bright enough to know the difference. But at any rate, if this is your interest, technically since this is an Ackley Improved, it was designed to fit and fire standard .257 ammunition in addition to the improved ammunition. Therefore, if you use ammunition so stamped, it should be in compliance with whose-ever regulations, regardless of the angle of the shoulder.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 257 roberts heavy barrel custom and my gunsmith has barreled the action for a 257 imp. So I just wanted to have the haed stamp just because. Thanks RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote