THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anyone done a thorough .204 article??

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone done a thorough .204 article??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone done a truly GREAT article on loading for the .204 Ruger?? If either Rifle or Handloader did one.....I missed it.

Just got a Cooper 21 and mounted a 6-5-20X LR Leupold. Have both 32 and 40 gr Hornady/Nosler BT's.

FN in MT

'I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"!

Curly Howard
Definitive Stooge

Posts: 350 | Location: Cascade, Montana | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a website dedicated to the round, www.204ruger.com and ther ehave been some articles in Small Caliber News magazine - www.smallcalibernews.com if that helps.

Put 204 Ruger into Google and you will find lots of other info.

Tread warily with load data, some writers seem to ALWAYS have the gun that handles loads far hotter than they should be but "safe in my rifle..."

Posts: 197 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You to the Gentleman from New Zealand!!

'I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"!

Curly Howard
Definitive Stooge

Posts: 350 | Location: Cascade, Montana | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
If your rifle shoots anywhere near as good as mine you're gonna be bored with the accuracy. I have shot like 12 different loads and haven't really found what i'd call a bad load. I consider myself an average to less than average shot and my current load will go low 3's high 2's with 10 shots. It's gonna bore you just warning have fun.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote