THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Show me your head shots ( a tribute to Hot Core)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show me your head shots ( a tribute to Hot Core)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is where I drop my "be cordial" motto on AR.

The motto works fine for little spats between members and such but when a group of complete A-holes like yourselves actually do something destructive to the hunting and shooting sports to put them in jeopardy in this day and age and are too frigging stupid to even know it is where I draw the GD line!

In the last two days here I've been heavily involved on two threads now attempting to explain this to the brain dead individuals on the other side. I've even seen a thread started asking why are there so many verbal wars on AR this summer.

I'll tell you why in no uncertain terms.

You morons have no idea of the delicate situation the hunting and firearms industries are in. When you post for the world to see how you enjoy shooting animals in the head then display the gruesome pictures, or start a thread about killing exotic game animals in fenced areas, you do more damage to the sport I enjoy and try to defend from Anti's every frigging day.

Are you so stupid that you can't see this!?

I really like my right to bear arms, and privileges to hunt and try every day to treat them with the respect they deserve. I hope I get to keep doing it till I pass and hope those who follow me get to as well, and on and on.

When you complete idiots post crap like this akin to what a Grand Theft Auto video game playing adolescent thinks is cool, you're gonna catch all the wrath I can dish out. You're gonna help ruin things for all of us.

I've been so PO'ed it's been tough to refrain from using the real language you in the last two days deserve

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread.

How does the posting of morbid, less than talented photographs of headshots make a strong argument for pro-hunting?

Just a question, I want to see the answers.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
How does the posting of morbid, less than talented photographs of headshots make a strong argument for pro-hunting?

They don't, end of story.

All they do is show how Sophmoric individuals can become when they know they are offending someone, especially in this case and others I have seen/been involved, where the offened party is also a hunter.

This is the kind of stuff I referred to in the topic I started concerning local/regional forums.

Those pictures would not have been allowed, the thread deleted and some folks sent to Banned Camp, that simple.

Not only does it not do anything to promote hunters in general as sportsmen and women that respect the animals they are shooting, but it also gives those individuals that lurk on such places as this, but have no problem with sport hunters, reasons to re-evaluate their stance.

To top it off, the offened get involved with hyperbole and histrionics, instead of just not saying anything.

At some point, it becomes a "Pack" mentality thing with the ones having the most fun and they start seeing who can outdo who.

I am glad that the members iof this site have the freedoms to post such topics and pictures without fear of censorship, it might be a better thing however if some folks, myself included many times over the years, practiced a modicom of self censorship and think of how their actions may be perceived by unintended parties that don't hunt but do vote and are not into such graphics. JMO.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
This is where I drop my "be cordial" motto on AR.

The motto works fine for little spats between members and such but when a group of complete A-holes like yourselves actually do something destructive to the hunting and shooting sports to put them in jeopardy in this day and age and are too frigging stupid to even know it is where I draw the GD line!

In the last two days here I've been heavily involved on two threads now attempting to explain this to the brain dead individuals on the other side. I've even seen a thread started asking why are there so many verbal wars on AR this summer.

I'll tell you why in no uncertain terms.

You morons have no idea of the delicate situation the hunting and firearms industries are in. When you post for the world to see how you enjoy shooting animals in the head then display the gruesome pictures, or start a thread about killing exotic game animals in fenced areas, you do more damage to the sport I enjoy and try to defend from Anti's every frigging day.

Are you so stupid that you can't see this!?

I really like my right to bear arms, and privileges to hunt and try every day to treat them with the respect they deserve. I hope I get to keep doing it till I pass and hope those who follow me get to as well, and on and on.

When you complete idiots post crap like this akin to what a Grand Theft Auto video game playing adolescent thinks is cool, you're gonna catch all the wrath I can dish out. You're gonna help ruin things for all of us.

I've been so PO'ed it's been tough to refrain from using the real language you in the last two days deserve

You speak for a lot of us who have refrained from this silliness and tried to ignore it. It is obvious the whole purpose is to attack HC and if it hasn't worked by now it's not going to. Is anyone going to say that the purpose of this thread is to inform and discuss head shots or is it rather to use violent pics of blood and gore to shock someone (seemingly while giggling gleefully like adolescents). Do you guys transport your game on the hoods of your trucks going down the freeway with blood dripping down your fenders? We've all seen blood and guts, so what!

Grow up!

Enough already!

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woods,
you are right, the original intention was to lampoon Hot Core for his taking Eland Slayer to task about making head shots. I for one do not make head shots on deer, but Hot Core's sanctimonious posts rankled me. I thought it might be an effective way of lampooning him. I did not consider the thought of voyeuristic thrills when posting the pics. Perhaps it was shortsighted.
However, having said that, I have no problem with the photos I posted. Check out any number of threads in AR. There you will see dead animals.

R,
you have expressed your opinion passionately. You have yours, I have mine. Opinions differ.

CHC, many times we agree, in this case we don't.

Mick,
you and I have had words before. I see you as piling on, nothing more. The photos were, as I said before, a vehicle to lampoon HC for his sanctimony. Had nothing to do with the promotion of hunting.

For the most part, I respect your opinions. I will make this caveat. If you folks would like to petition the moderator of this forum and he asks me to delete my posts on this thread, I will. If he chooses to delete them, then I know where I stand in regards to posts of this nature. Otherwise they stay, and let the cards fall where they may.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geedubya, I was not asking for agreement from you or anyone else.

I was stating an opinion, that is not that far from Woods observations are.

As for the pictures, I have no problem with them, I have seen and killed probably as many critters of all kinds as many of you have, there is a BIG difference between pictures of dead animals that display respect for the critter and the event, and someone holding a pistol barrel to the mangled head of a dead pig.

If you don't see or understand that difference then we definitely do not agree.

The other thing that some on this discussion may not understand, is that the whole arguement and the direction it has headed gives all of us, as hunters a bad image.

Not just the ones posting the pictures but the ones such as RCamigula and his tirade toward those posting the pictures.

How many of us on here want to force Saeed and the powers that be, to re-evaluate their tolerance level on such subjects?????????????????

What people have to start thinking about is co-lateral damage done to hunters image by offending those that don't have anytghing against us, but don't like seeing such needless displays of gore.

Those folks do vote you know, and there is no qualifaction for looking this site, as to whether a person hunts or shoots or not, now is there?

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
As far as the "Anti's" go they need no additional ammunition.

This Thread,

provides no more useful fodder than ANY picture of dead animals--

Perhaps,

even less--

What more instantaneous (and therefore humane) death is there--

than disruption of cerebral function???

The Vegan and PETA factions HAVE NEVER

and WILL NOT approach hunting/killing

with any more or less fervor than they do --already.

As to those wavering in the middle--

IF and only IF--

they however unlikely,

cerebrate above an emotive level will they understand a head (brain) shot--

IS THE MOST HUMANE hunting technique.(Arguments??)

However, most likely they will elect,

as usual,

to EMOTE and NOT cerebrate--

in ANY instance.

Additionally,

Hunting IS NOT Necessarily KILLING --

though the outcome of (most) successful hunts culminates with a kill.(or hopefully does)

I understand the trepidations of the -

"reasonable hunting community"

HOWEVER--

in my experience in direct dealings with the "Anti's"

logic finds NO QUARTER within their mindset.

This thread is neither more nor less useful to them

than is the ENTIRETY of the website.

(As evidenced by the

"professor's"

attack addressed to Saeed via email.)

http://forums.accuratereloadin...331039321#5331039321

Frankly, at least from my perspective,

the considerable numbers of hunting television shows--

which film animals being shot multiple times with hunters chasing them to finish them off

and--

dying slowly and therefore assumed by the "Anti's" --

painfully---

would lend more "fuel to the fire"

to their complaints of the-

"needless cruelty" of hunting.

(Which, as I said before, is un-needed in their emotive and non-logical mindset, as they need no further motivation.)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Where is the thread you were blow-harding about concerning, my buddy, Dr. Oehler???

The following statement is in 100% compliance with the thought-police:
rotflmo animal rotflmo
Where did you go bobbiee? Still trying to locate the "fictional" thread"?????
-----

The following statement is in 100% compliance with the thought-police:
rotflmo animal rotflmo

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Woods and CH. What was the purpose of the half of Pdog?? The only thing missing was a picture of a doe deer with a beer can sticking out of a hole in her side.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duggaboye, Good post!

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 24mileboy:
Duggaboye, Good post!

+1
Unfortunately some here who will never grasp the concept that you can't turn your enemy into your friend by being nice to them..

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Low Wall:
quote:
Originally posted by 24mileboy:
Duggaboye, Good post!

+1
Unfortunately some here who will never grasp the concept that you can't turn your enemy into your friend by being nice to them..

I honestly don't know who is right in this debate. But, respectfully, Low Wall, I think your comment misses the point. I don't believe anyone has proposed that "being nice" (i.e. not posting crude pics of dead critters) to the "enemy" (i.e., the hard core PETA types)will turn them into our friends.

Only that NOT posting "offensive" might avoid alienating some of the large majority of folks who don't hunt but don't have strong negative feelings about hunting. I would not caractorize them as the "enemy".

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby tomek:

Blah blah blah CRYBABY blah blah balah CRYBABY here's a big fat softball to hit out of the park...blah blah CRYBABY blah!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, respectfully, Low Wall, I think your comment misses the point. I don't believe anyone has proposed that "being nice" (i.e. not posting crude pics of dead critters) to the "enemy" (i.e., the hard core PETA types)will turn them into our friends.

Only that NOT posting "offensive" might avoid alienating some of the large majority of folks who don't hunt but don't have strong negative feelings about hunting. I would not caractorize them as the "enemy".

That is a good, accurate assessment of the situation.

Unless things have changed, I have always heard, that on any given subject, 10% of the people will be totally in favor and 10% will be totally opposed, it is that 80% in the middle that can or does control everything with their votes.

Why alienate them?

What has happened to the basic concept of not offdending others, just out of common courtesey?

I would bet that everyone of us on this site has things that they would draw the line on in their personal lives and around their wives and kids that they would be willing to fight someone over because they thought it was out of line or disrespectful of those individuals feelings.

Maybe this country has slipped so far into decay that people just don't give a damn if they offend someone or who they offend.

One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mick,
you and I have had words before. I see you as piling on, nothing more.

Interesting. I don’t dislike anyone on the website. I don’t have the time to take any of the hard-core opinions or arguments on this site to heart. It appears you do, I apologize if I offended you.

It’s obvious that the thread was setup to tweak Hot Core.

But! You missed my point so I’ll ask the question again.

Do you feel that “gut pile” or “head shot” pictures help the hunting world’s cause and self interests?

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you feel that “gut pile” or “head shot” pictures help the hunting world’s cause or self interest?

Mick,
when developing the post, the thought never entered my mind. When posting in the hunting threads here, I really don't concern myself with issues in relationship to the "hunting world’s cause or self interest" Its a hunting and shooting website. I enjoy rifles, hunting, shooting and being afield. I enjoy reading about others exploits, adventures and experiences along with their photos. I also enjoy sharing my experinces with others. It gives me an outlet. Perhaps that's selfish and short sighted in your book. But I'm fine with it.
I really don't worry about what anti's think. I typically operate on the principle of "friends come and go, but enemies accumulate. Consequently I don't think you will find many posts where I flame others for their choices. I'd rather use humor to get my point of view across. I understand that folks that have your point of view are passionate. However, I do not have that point of view, and beyond a certain point, I will not take the time or effort to explain or defend my position. I will not denigrate you for yours either. I enjoy the opportunity to come and post on AR. I will again attest that if the moderator of this thread or the owner of this site object to anything that I post, I will cede to their wishes. To date they have not done that

Best
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
We're cool GW, it's just that for me this has run it's course.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
My 2 cents tells me to stay out of this one but what can 2 cents buy you now-a-days? Several years ago a old school buddy of my got some ag control tags (either sex) and invited me to fill one. It was the first doe I ever shot. Upon dressing her I found she was carrying a fawn all nice and curled up and still alive. I watched as it tried to hang on for life but to no avail and died right in front of me. I understood this could happen due to the time of year it was but a picture of this is something no one needs to see nor experience. To this day it haunts me and I will never ever shoot a female anything ever again nor will I go on a trip were someone has an either sex tag. I'm not saying I don't respect those that do, it's just not for me. Pictures are like memories and everyone reacts differently about what they see. So if I were a non-hunter, I would avoid sites like this and watching shows on T.V. the same. But I think a little restraint could be used in some of the posts here just for the sake of class and respect for the game we hunt.

Oh and just for the road, if a head shot can be taken, take it! There is no other way to get an instant "clean kill" like this. A fast clean kill is what I seek and admire all those that do!
Just a thought..

Posts: 542 | Location: So. Cal | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys,

Check these out. It shows how it is done with 204s, 222s and 223s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...rIiU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...bEmc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...3UTY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...1sN8&feature=related

Good clean kills with little gore. Won't offend anyone

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamish:
Gidday Guys,

Check these out. Ir shoiw how it is done with 204s, 222s and 223s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...rIiU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...bEmc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...3UTY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...1sN8&feature=related

Good clean kills with little gore. Won't offend anyonf

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Looks like a bunch of fun to me! Are they good on the Bar-Bq ? Never eaten one....

Posts: 542 | Location: So. Cal | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday WhatThe,

They are delicious, I am sure that most who have tried fallow would rate it amongst the best venison one can get. That and seaweed fed whitetail are my favorite steaks along with tahr backstraps.

The majority of whitetail shot here are shot on Stewart Island (the third island in NZ) and they live in the coastal belt up to about a kilometre from the sea. They eat a lot of seaweed so are delicious.

Feeding time when I have a barbie is like a mother bird feeding her chicks with everyone squeeling and scrapping for first bite of the fallow back steaks.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote