THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Replacement barrel for 10/22?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement barrel for 10/22?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with the different makes of replacement barrels for the Ruger 10/22? I am especially thinking of Butler Creek's carbon barrels--their accuracy to be specific?

Posts: 84 | Location: Oslo, Norway | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have a carbon fiber barrel for the 10/22. i love it and yes it does improve accuracty. i found that remington target shells shoot the best for my gun. i can shoot 12 times in a 3/4 diameter circle at 50 yrds. and more info email me at cjr8fan@yahoo.com chad

Posts: 88 | Location: waterloo iowa | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think what I *should* ask is:

What modifications have you made to your 10/22s and how do you like them?

Much more interesting [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a great site: rimfirecentral.com
It will answer all your 1022 questions.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
Shoots great,you will need the butler stock also, outside of that there is no necessary work to be done. Good Luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What modifications have you made to your 10/22s and how do you like them?
I've had the three that I own, as well as my brother's, "tuned up" by CPC. Randy reworks the factory parts to make a MUCH better shooting rifle than can be had from any of the doo-dad add ons.

I also had Randy rework a Hogue barrel that I had built into a suppressor by a C2.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well i totally rebuilt me ruger 10/22 2 years ago. i put a hogue over sized stock fitted for the carbon fiber barrel. the stock is around $50.00 to 70.00 if i remember right. i paid $120.00 for the barrrel. the total rebuild took 15 minutes. one screw on bottom of old stock. then two allen screws to connect the barrel to the rest of the gun. let me know if anymore questions. [Wink]

Posts: 88 | Location: waterloo iowa | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback, guys, and for the link to rimfirecentral!