THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    36 gr Varmint Grenades in .223

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

36 gr Varmint Grenades in .223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I guess I got lucky....I tried a new powder and these bullets for the first time, and they shot great out of my CZ 527 American. I used 26.4 gr of Ramshot X-terminator, LC brass and a CCI SR mag primer. I think I read about that load from somewhere. The max shows as a couple grains higher, but this load shot so well that I am just going to leave well enough alone. The first group was about 1/2-inch, and as I adjusted the point of impact with the scope, the groups got smaller. The last 3-shot group, 1 inch high at 100, looked like two bullet holes touching. I did start with a barrel as copper-free as I could get it.

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
1:12 barrel??

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote