THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Best deal on Sierra MatchKing 69 gr. HPBT?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best deal on Sierra MatchKing 69 gr. HPBT?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know a good deal on 500 bullets of Sierra MatchKing 69 grin HPBT?

Good loads with this bullet? W748 or H4198? Would Reloader 7 work with this bullet?

Posts: 26 | Location: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: 03 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midsouth Shooters Supply is usually lowest (or very close) on pricing; Grafs runs a close second.

Assuming you are loading for a 223 Rem, of the powders you mentioned, only Win 748 would be appropriate for a bullet as heavy as a 69gr. RL15 and Varget are both excellent, and less temperature sensitive.

Also try Champions Choice, they try and keep the match shooters happy with low bullet prices!

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
Don't forget good old H4895.
Covey16

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
These days I shoot my T/C Encore and Contender more than just about anything else. I shoot 17 HMR, 223 rem and 300 whisper with them at the moment. They are less convienent to shoot from a bench than any bolt action, and they requre attention to case sizing and forend betdding/screw torque. Even so, they are versitale, reliable and with a bit of attention to detail, capable of MOA accuracy. I did get a lemon on my first 223 barrel, but T/C replaced it without any question. Just my two coppers, good luck!

-Mike

Posts: 6 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote