Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone used a Rem 700 VTR?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Took the wife to the gun show today. Looking for a 223 or 22-250 varmint rifle for her. She fell in love with the new Rem 700 VTR. The one with the triangle barrel.

Anyone used one? If so results?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good friend of mine and recently retired Special Forces member, bought one in 308 and with him at the range not long ago and rifle delviered concistant .5 moa, five shot groups using match grade ammo. Same moa at 1,2,3, and 400 yards, so it is a shooter or at least his works fine. A little on the loud side w/ the integral muzzle break, short and very handy to move around with, trigger was fine for out of th box(believe it has the New Rem. trigger mechanism)rifle. Manageable recoil w/ the brake and fit and finish was good as well. Probably a good value/bargain in the offerings out there today for both ladies as well as "menfolk." I have no idea as to the advantages of the triangle barrel other than what the mfg. says????, but definitely sets it apart from the rest of the pack so to speak. Good luck.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Probably a good value/bargain in the offerings out there today for both ladies as well as "menfolk." I have no idea as to the advantages of the triangle barrel other than what the mfg. says????, but definitely sets it apart from the rest of the pack so to speak. Good luck.

clap Thanks for the info. The wife loved it because it was different. She just expects me to make her rifles shoot. Roll Eyes

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in the 204 Ruger,and mine is Extremly accurate. Waiting to try it out on coyotes ths fall. 1Longbow

Posts: 28 | Location: Az. | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote