THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anschutz .222 scope ring and other help needed

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anschutz .222 scope ring and other help needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted
Hi,

Just purchased the Annie 153 below (my 4th in a growing number of this brand).

If you have a moment, kindly look at the scope clearance above the blank where the front sight normally goes, the Weaver bases, etc. I will be changing out the cheap scope found on this rifle for a Nikon 6-18x and will need higher bases, probably for the bell of the scope and also hoping to find a folding sight to place back where it belongs. While I will not use the folding sight, it bugs me that this nice piece does not have one.

I am willing to scrap the Weaver scope bases on this rifle and start over with new ones but do not know what will work: brands, catalog numbers, heights, etc. Or, I would be willing to just change out what is needed to get the next scope up higher off the barrel.

I want to find two items for this rifle and am asking help from the board members:

1. A folding front sight to place back where it belongs and hopefully a higher set of bases will clear the folded sight.

2. Would like to find a .222 magazine in good working condition for a spare, no new one needed so hope to find this at a reasonable price.

MANY THANKS in Advance ! "Bo"

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try Warnes- they make rings for euro dovetails, and ask at the RFC Forums/Anschutz; it's a rimfire forum, but I don't believe they would begrudge you for posting there:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

WELL! you already did thatSmiler

I've passed up a couple times on these rifles, and kick myself yet.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I've experimented the same with my .22. I solved the problem by asking myself 2 questions :
1. do I prefer a low mounted scope ?
2. wil I ever miss the iron sights ?
Having answered the Q for myself, I now live happily as such.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bo,

I'm photo challenged and can't offer some pictoral suggestions like André.....

I had an Anschutz 1432est in .22 Hornet with a Bull Barrel (R/H with a L/H stock - since sold) and still have a L/H Anschutz 1416 .22 LR.

My solution for your mount dilema has been the (see link below) VERY inexpensive and VERY good set of Rimfire mounts from Sinclair Intl. They accually appear to be very similar to what André shows on his Anschutz.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?catego...tem=257-A&type=store

I'm currently using them on two Air Rifles, the Anschutz .22, the perviously mentioned .22 Hornet and also on another highly accurate .222 Remington Bull-Barreled target rifle so they will take the recoil of a .222 Reington in stride and the added benefit of clearing the front sight on the .22 which has a 2-10x50 Weaver mounted on it.

They fit the dovetails perfectly.

Have fun with your new project.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Millets will work on Anschutz grooved receivers. I have a set on my .17 HMR Anschutz. You just need a set of high rings. Grant.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote