New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just want to say THANKS!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wanted to say Thanks to those of you who helped with suggestions for reduced recoil .243 loads for my kid.

I want to especially thank Seafire for his Blue Dot recommendations. My 11 y/o son loves them,helps me reload them and they give sub-MOA accuracy. His groups and enjoyment have gone up immensely. Only problem now is he shoots them faster than I can reload them shocker Wayne

>
I'd rather be a CONSERVATIVE NUTJOB than a Liberal with no NUTS & No JOB
>

Posts: 643 | Location: Somewhere Out There | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Aero,

all of that sounds like a good problem to have..
really glad that I could help out...

kids is what I do all this experimenting for...including my own 13 yr old son..

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wanted to say Thanks to those of you who helped with suggestions for reduced recoil .243 loads for my kid.

I want to especially thank Seafire for his Blue Dot recommendations. My 11 y/o son loves them,helps me reload them and they give sub-MOA accuracy. His groups and enjoyment have gone up immensely. Only problem now is he shoots them faster than I can reload them shocker Wayne

Teach him to load his own! If the passion is there it's a good place to start focusing the discipline needed to load.

When I was eight my uncle decided I was ready to do it. When I was 12 I was working up loads for a Model 70 243 that shot 1/2 inch which was pretty good back in the fifties.

I didn't start my son loading rifle until he was 14, but he just wasn't ready for it. A couple of years later and he understands the hows and whys, but I am still uncertain if he will do it for the rest of his life.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Miles58:

He loves to reload his .243 on the Rockchucker(with me right next to him) as well as for his 9mm. (a little trickier for him with the Dillon 550) but his excitement and interest are there. Especially when he sees how well his own hand-made ammo performs. Wayne

>
I'd rather be a CONSERVATIVE NUTJOB than a Liberal with no NUTS & No JOB
>

Posts: 643 | Location: Somewhere Out There | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With Quote