Find
Notify
Tools

CZ [ZKM] 452 Lux 22LR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Okay, I like long barrels when I am in open country, mainly because I am a tall guy and I like the balance better than a short bull barrel. I was recently looking over my long range 22LR thread and notice that CZ lists this Lux version of the 452 as having a 28 inch barrel. Do any of you have this model and is it true???

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
333 - its true they have one at the local gun shop I haunt. I handled the rifle, I noticed it because its barrel was so much longer than the others in the .22 rack. CZ makes a nice .22 rifle. It was just last week when I saw the rifle, I was in was purchasing a CZ 452 "Scout" for my 8 year old. Can not remember the exact but price was very reasonable very close to the "Scout" I bought.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
how is the accuracy on the scout?

I may have to purchase this long barrel for my next shoot. The Aquila Super Maximum looks promising too for ammunition.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
333_OKH & David Craig - I have the brand new CZ catalog (2,006 edition) and on page #5 it shows the specifications of the CZ 452 "Lux" as having a barrel length of "630 mm (24.8")"
They also show a CZ 452 ULTRA LUX Model with a barrel "727 mm long (28.6")"!
That IS a LONG barrel for a 22!
I don't know - I do know I have seen the Lux model and the barrel seemed long (but I did not measure it).
I have not seen the ULTRA LUX CZ 452 Model as yet.
I will measure them the next time I see one.
In bold letters the CZ folks on page #4 of this catalog indicate this Rifle is now available in a left handed models of the 452!
28.6" of barrel is a LOT of barrel! I am not sure what the CZ folks are trying to accomplish here - besides satisfying 333_OKH and those of us who like long barrels! But in a 22 L.R. rimfire I consider 24" to be long enough for me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
333 - The "Scout" designed as a youth model shoots really good, I am very pleased. The rifle is a cut down version made for just starting out younger shooters and is much nicer than the other youth .22's I saw at the shop. It has a very good trigger. I probably should have made him shoot it with iron sights for awhile but being dad and having a spare 2.5 leupold I mounted it on the rifle.
Varmintguy being a natural lefty I would really like to see a left-hand 452, presently I have a older ultra-lite volquartsen, very nice & accurate rifle but wish I would have spent less.
If I remember right the long barreled CZ had a schnabel type forend.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here the Brno s have always had rather longish barrels, useless except for a long sight radius using iron sights. Just lately some short heavy barrels have started to appear, varmint models for scope use.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a used one at a gun shop once. I had just bought a 452 lefty so I didn't bite. Went back a week later and it was gone. It was nice and balenced good.

Posts: 2393 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
CZ 452 ULTRA LUX Model with a barrel "727 mm long (28.6")"!

I saw that last night. That is the model I am talking about. iwould love to have it for both the sight radius and the long barrel. I will scope the rifle too. Is there scope mounts that return to zero for a grooved reciever?? HA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Barrels that long are virtually noiseless with sub-sonic ammo. Whether intentional or not, it's an effective endrun on the suppressor ban.

It is a good citizen's duty to love the country and hate the gubmint.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote