THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    What is an original "southgate" Weatherby .257 MK V worth???

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is an original "southgate" Weatherby .257 MK V worth???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Dad just sent me home with one of his "prized" Weatherbys since he's getting up there in age. He has 2 of them. One is a German MK V in .257 and the other is the Southgate He gave me yesterday. They will both be mine at some point. He was telling me that it's worth quite a bit of money and I thought I'd run it past you guys. This is not a Jap gun. It's definately a couple of decades old....at least. I'm guessing late 70's to maybe early 80's. Give me a BALLPARK figure if it's condition is a 7-8 on a 1-10 scale. Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks buying today don't even know the significance of a "Southgate" Weatherby. I sold one (a .300 Wby) 2 years ago and it took forever, plus I never got what I thought the rifle would be worth. As for age, a Mauser actioned Weatherby dates from the 1950s.

LLS

Posts: 188 | Location: Texas, via US Navy & Raytheon | Registered: 17 August 2008Reply With Quote