New
Find
Notify
Tools

Varmint Rifles.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am in the market for a varmint rifle, preferably in .222 or .223 Remington. I am considering both the CZ 527 and one of the Tikka models. I have read good comments concerning both. I am interested in knowing if anyone has had problems reloading the longer bullets for the CZ527. My son had this problem with his CZ527 in 22 Hornet. Any comments would be appreciated. I also considered the Remington Classic in .221 Fireball, however, read so many negative comments about the new Remington Rifles that I was scared off. Any comments on this?

Posts: 41 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
<Savage 99>
posted
A friend got a new Remington Classic in .221 Rem. I saw it and it's too big of a rifle for that nice little cartridge in my opinion. On top of that the barrel and bolt were full of some black gunk that took a long time to clean out.

I am not that familar with the Tikka but I don't like the plastic insert.

I would buy a Sako or maybe a CZ.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington Clasic in 221 and am quite pleased with the looks, I have not fired it yet. Most of my shooting is with varmint rifles and perhaps just to be different I usually shoot 222 rem.
My favorite rifle in my safe is an old heavy barrel Sako in 222 that has quite a few woodchucks to its name!!

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote