THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    cz 527 varmint in 17 remington

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz 527 varmint in 17 remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been thinking of ordering a cz 527 varmint in 17 remington. I am currently loading for 17 ackley hornet and 17 machIV. Both are on contender frames. So I am familiar with 17's. However I am a bolt gun junkie.
Anyone out there with experince wit the cz 527 in this configuration?
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had one. After a bench session I cut the breech end of the barrel off and reamed the same barrel to Mach IV. Friend bought it, but if I had kept it I might have cut another inch off the muzzle end. The varmint weight barrel is nice but nicer if 22" or so. For some reason, accuracy was better as a Mach IV.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have it in the 204. Love the gun! It has really grown on me. Particularly like the single set trigger. I have not touched it so it is as it came out of the box - I consistently get 10 shots in 5/8-3/4 inch with factory ammo. I highly recommend them

Posts: 114 | Location: valley Forge, PA | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote