THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Shot my new 204 Ruger for the first time today and ...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot my new 204 Ruger for the first time today and ...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
THAT THING IS AWESOME!!!!!

I put the scope on it Sunday afternoon and finally made it to the range today.

I put two rounds thru it at first to get a feel for where it was shooting ... about 2 feet low and 3 inches to the left ... moved the reticle 12 inches up

Put another round in it and was still about 3 inches to the left and about 12 inches low ... moved the reticle up another 12 inches and to the right 3 inches.

Next shot was 2 1/4 inches high and a half inch to the left ... moved the reticle down and inch and an inch to the right.

The next three shots were an inch high and a half inch to the right and you could cover them with a dime!!!

Not bad for factory ammo. I was shooting Federal 39 gr Sierra Blitzkings. I can only imagine how it is going to shoot once I get to tinker with my own loads! I wasn't going to buy any brass and just wait until I shot enough of the factory stuff till I started working up some loads, but I might just need to purchase some brass. But, the factory stuff sure was working great.

Damn am I excited!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 204 that I'm shooting now hasn't ever had a factory round shoot through it. I like the 204. Cheap shooting-250 rounds per pound of powder. Cheap bullets(Midway Dogtowns/Midsouth Varmint Xtremes) can prove to be very accurate. I shoot mine all the time. Going out again tommorow morning. Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Graybird, Get yourself some Accurate 2520, some 39 grain Sierra BK's and Federal 205 Match or CCI-BR-4's or Remington 7 1/2's and have at at! I'll be willing to bet that that's as far as the load development needs to go! BTDT on a bunch of .204's from Remingtons to Cooper's and that load is the ticket!! Plus it's killed groundhogs out to 771 yards so it works pretty darn well!! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote