THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: .222 Rem loads with current components??

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: .222 Rem loads with current components??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Frank Nowakowski: Congratulations on the nifty new yet "old" Varminter coming your way! That will be a wonderful rig I am sure!

The 222 Remington is one of my all time favorite calibers!

I literally have never owned a 222 Remington that I considerd to be lacking accuracy wise! And as the old saying goes "I have owned a bunch of them"!

I still own several 222's today including Remington 40x's, Remington 700V's, a couple of Remington 700 Classics and a Sako L-46 heavy barrel.

I have had great success with the "old" powders like H322, IMR 4198 and BLC-2! My friends who are more quick to go modern than I have been also use some of the new Vihta-Vourhi powders in their "dueces". I will seek specifics here for you from my friends with 222's.

One bullet I hope you will try is the 50 gr. Sierra Blitz! These bullets are very cheap, very accurate and very lethal even on the smallest of Varmints! If lowest price is not an objective then I have been very happy with the 40 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips in one of my 222's!

I only use Federal 205M primers in all of my 222's also.

Best of luck with your new project!

Hold into the wind

VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
50 grain bullets - 25 grains of BL-C2 (work up from 23 grains). Not a new load, but a good one.

50 grain bullets - 23.5 grains of Ramshot X-Terminator (work up from 22.5 grains). Easy loading, Easy shooting.

WSR primers, Nosler Ballistic Tips - seconds from Shooters Pro Shop in Bend, OR http://www.shootersproshop.com/factory2ndsheader.html

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

The triple deuce is a great round, I've got 2 of them. I don't own a 223 and I don't need one. BLC2 (24-25grs) and 50 grain bullets work great. I use Rem 50gr PLHP's for all my varmint shooting. Also cheap, accurate, and deadly explosive.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote