THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Lapua's 6.5 x 47? Guesses as to what Case?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lapua's 6.5 x 47? Guesses as to what Case?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Doing a little research, after seeing the picture shown on the " I want a 6.5 Grendel" thread...

It is evident it isn't a 222 Rem Mag case....

My second guess was that it was a 22.250 or 250 Savage case....Measured a 22.250 case and that is 48.5 mms....

Measured a 300 Savage case and it is 47 mms...

The guys that do the Handgun silohuette shooting, the IHMSA guys... they neck down cases from the 300 Savage and call them by the various bullet dimensions....

So this should be the same or awfully darn close to the 6.5 IHMSA....

That is where my bet and money is going....

would make sense since the 300 Savage case is almost dead, but the 308 based case is alive in so many forms...why use something everyone else is already using????

Cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here:

http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/65x47reamer.xls

is a link to an Excle spreadsheet with the reamer dimensions (courtesy of 6mmBR.com).

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, MHO..

since I live about 20 miles from White City, I ought to get off of my buns and check it out closer...

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of info on the Lapua ctg on the 6br board

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote