THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    60gr. partition in .223 factory or remfg ammo??

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

60gr. partition in .223 factory or remfg ammo??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know i've seen it somewhere?? A 60 gr. Nosler partition bullet in a factory or remanufactured ammo... Who makes it or where to buy? Thanks!

Posts: 125 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 11 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I know that federal uses the 55 grain trophy bonded bear claw bullet in a .223 loading ad I have heard some good stories about it.

I remember Remington used to offer the 60 grain partition in 22-250, but checking their web site it seems to be gone now. There is always the 64 grain Winchester loading, it's not a bonded core, but it is advertised for deer and thin skinned game (rating 2).

I wish someone would offer the 53 grain Barnes-X in a .223, I see that they are also making it in the triple shock style, with the bands cut in the sides.

edit:

Found it at Black Hill Ammunition (Black-hills.com). They have a few heavies (the 60 grain v-max looks nice). These guys make the good stuff.

60 Gr. Nosler Partition

Velocity 3150 FPS Energy 1322 Ft. Lbs.

60 Gr. Soft Point

60 Gr. V-Max

68 Gr. "Heavy" Match HP

Velocity 2850 FPS Energy 1227 Ft. Lbs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, will give Black Hills a call. They do turn out GOOD stuff!

Posts: 125 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 11 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ultramax sells "reloads" with the 60grain Nosler Partition. I think I got mine at Cabelas. I can't get them to group good with any gun I have though.

Posts: 54 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 20 July 2003Reply With Quote