Find
Notify
Tools

110 gr. Accubond 25 cal.?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of papaschmud
posted
I have heard several unsubstantiated claims that this bullet pencils through on deer size amimals. I plan to use it this fall, hopefully with good results. Has anyone used them on meat? How'd they do?

Gabe

Posts: 410 | Location: Granite City, WI | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by papaschmud:
I have heard several unsubstantiated claims that this bullet pencils through on deer size amimals. I plan to use it this fall, hopefully with good results. Has anyone used them on meat? How'd they do?

Gabe

What caliber, what velocities?

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who shoots the 110 Accubond in a 257 Wby mag at about 3500 fps. He has not had a chance to try them on deer yet.

He has shot them on a couple of wild hogs and an antelope. The hogs were under a hundred yards and the Accubonds expanded well but completely penetrated. The antelope was over 500 yards and the Accubond still expanded well and completely penetrated. He is happy with them in his rifle.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot anything with this bullet, as I have not yet been able to get this bullet to shoot good enough groups in any of my .257" bore rifles.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had great success with the 110gr Accubond with RL22 in my Rem Classic 25.06. It's very accurate and performance on game has been excellent.

Life's Tough....God's Good....Pray Hard!

Posts: 40 | Location: NC | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks damn good. WTG! I'm sure that when I start loading this round I'll be going with that bullet.

BJ

Posts: 86 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used them in a 257 WBY with shortened throat on a M700. Shoot beautifully and they knock roos down like lightning. Perfect for deer, I would think, based on that.

Posts: 4011 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used 110gr Accubond in my 257 Wby Mag last deer season and it performed as advertised. Nice entrance wound and about a quarter sized exit wound. I was fortune enough to take two bucks and the farthest they ran was about 10 or so yards. I'll use that load again this season in just a few weeks from now.

It is, of course, further indication that a fundamentalist right has really taken over much of the Republican Party, People might cite George Bush as proof that you can be totally impervious to the effects of Harvard and Yale education.
Barney Frank

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Killed a nice 7 PT no brow tine buck last Fall with the 257 AI, and the 110 AB was a total success at 65 yards, and 3,000 ft/sec's + MV. The bullet did not exit a high double shoulder shot, and was near the hide on the far side. Result was DRT situation.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i killed a black bear this year at 325 yds with a 257 roy at 3550 fps MV. no exit wound and a large entrance wound (behind shoulder shot) it was an incredible bang flop.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
how does this bullet compare to the 100gr partition?

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Lenny, It's better by far.

one of us
posted Hide Post
308: no flame, never used either one. just interested in definitive information. What does better by far mean? Better penetration? Beter expansion? Better accuracy? Etc. Thanks.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd also be interested in a definitive answer there in your opinion. There is a good deal of BC difference and it weighs 10 grains more, but retains a nearly identical percentage of it's weight based on other accubond vs. partition performance- is the difference that much inside 300 yards and what 6 grains in retained weight?

Posts: 187 | Location: SE Nebraska, USA. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
I've only taken one deer with this bullet - nice easy broadside shot. Passed through. Also look here for a previous Accubond post. I have a pic of a 140 gn 277 cal bullet dug out of a caribou.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=253105745#253105745

I think these bullets are fine for deer. I will switch back to the 100 grain Partition though. For whatever reason my 257 Roberts will shoot just about any 100 grain bullet very accurately but nothing heavier. bewildered

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly why I want to know Clem, my .257 shoots the 100 TSX and 100 hornady interlocks or NPT's very well, wondering if the 110 AB is worth it in .257 Roberts?

Posts: 187 | Location: SE Nebraska, USA. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I don't know what the others mean by "better," I do have an opinion...
Smiler
The AccuBond family is longer and plastic-tipped, which tends to give more accuracy than the Partition. Nosler claims to have designed the AccuBond to shed some of its weight during penetration so as to come close to the penetration of the fabled Partition while maintaining another kind of controlled expansion.

So, if everything goes right, you have with the AccuBond a bullet that's cheaper to buy, more accurate, opens almost as fast, and penetrates almost as deeply as the Partition. "Better" implies you like some of the advantages more than the "almosts..."

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olarmy:
308: no flame, never used either one. just interested in definitive information. What does better by far mean? Better penetration? Beter expansion? Better accuracy? Etc. Thanks.

No Flame accepted.

My experience with the Accubond is that penetration is more than adequate, and the accuracy in my rifle was better than the 100 grain partitions. I have used both bullets, and many others in the 257 AI on game in Hawaii, British Columbia, Texas, Saskatchewan, New York, and Zimbabwe... among other places. The 120 Partition is an awesome killer, and I have found the 110 AB to be slightly more accurate, and a tad flatter shooting.

Sadly, no I cannot give a "definitive" answer as I do not hunt in labatories. These are just my opinions, based on one rifle for what they are worth.

one of us
posted Hide Post
fair enough....thanks

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully going to get to try it out on a real deer next week.
Good load Qtip.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is just great shooting. I hope you see you a deer to shoot.

Where did you get those targets? I like that set up.

BJ

Posts: 86 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My target was a remington that they were giving away awhile back,all you had to do was pay the postage.I added the red stick-on dot so I could see it better.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote