Find
Notify
Tools

223wssm an 1-10" twist
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of coyotewallace
posted
what is the max bullet weight (and or bullet) this cartridge an twist combo will handle??

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coyotewallace:
what is the max bullet weight (and or bullet) this cartridge an twist combo will handle??

So far the heaviest bullets I have shot out of my M70 Coyote .223 WSSM is the 60 gr. Nosler Partition. Accuracy was excellent(just over 3/4"@100 yards). Normally I shoot 50 - 55 gr. Ballistic Tips. These group well under MOA all day and for what I am using the .223 WSSM for(knocking off Ground Squirrels and such at longer ranges) they work great. Lawdog
thumb

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of coyotewallace
posted Hide Post
Gary,
Yea I'm not going to go with this set up the barrel is over a "MGM" but thx for the info...yea I'm looking for all the info. I can get I'm going to put together a fast twist 22 centerfire to run 60-80gainers out of.I haven't found anything for sure except I'm going to have "MGM" build it an it will be 1-8" an 27"long fluted with a brake for my encore. I had to do it I went over to TTHA.com an seen the info on the .224TTH an I think that round will give the coyotes in eastern wa.a "POP" with say that 60-80g bullets.I just have to come up with the "best"(least case problems an work)energy generator under it..
any help??
thx again
chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
A 1:7 or 1:8 is your best bet for bullets up in the 69-80 grain range.

I have an Encore, too. I want a fine barrel for it. Where do I go?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of coyotewallace
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I very nearly built a 224 TTH to shoot the heavy bullets but then I came to and decided to resurect my 6MM Remington so I could shoot 75 and 80 grain bullets.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote