THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Marble adaptor for .22Savage High Power?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marble adaptor for .22Savage High Power?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondered if anyone out there has an adaptor that will let me fire .22lr rimfire rounds in my 1930s Savage 99 Takedown?

And secondly if it could legally be mailed to me in England as an accessory??

Posts: 83 | Location: Olde England | Registered: 03 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try www.mcace.com maybe he could help you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i doubt the 223 bullet is gonna be very accurate in the 228 barell.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Manhasset: Thanks for that tip - I did not lnow of MCA. He doesn't list the .22 Savage, but I will call him.
Hi Lamar: My barrel measures 0.226, and with soft Eley rounds they might bump up. That's the fun of the experiment... I have other normal .22s if needed.

Posts: 83 | Location: Olde England | Registered: 03 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep and eye on Ebay and Gunbroker. I've seen listings occaissionally for the Marbles inserts. I have several in other calibers, they are fun. A more accurate version is available from Lothar Walther, it woud be to fit a 5.6x52R.
Good Luck on your search.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they might bump up.
you could look for a copper jacketed round [actual jacket not plated] that might have just enough bite to take the rifling too.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marble's made a 22 LR in 22 HP adapter back in the day. I assume that the soft lead 22 LR bullet will expand to a large enough diameter such that it will seal the bore and spin in the rifling.

If MCACE can't help you, you might want to look at the Hammond Game Getter. Hammond Game Getter, Box 41061, Petrolia PO, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6J 6M7.

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote