Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norma Custom Mauser
 Login/Join

posted
Gidday fellas can anyone help identify this rifle for me.
I bought it in a little sports shop up here in Nor/west Australia.

I think its a 96 mauser in 6.5x55 has a Norma barrel,Parker Hale trigger,been bedded and floated no crests at all and just a little crown.

Thanks Guys
Jeff

Posts: 7 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IIRC, what you have is one of the issue 300Meter Competition Rifles. The whole military shoots for score and the top few from each unit gather and compete in the National Championships. Civilians as well, thru their shooting clubs. Check on the Big Bores forum for Bent Fossdahl in Norway...? He can tell you. They shot all the rifles for acceptance at the armory and the best 10% were held out for sniper rifles and these matches.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that a cock on closing set up?

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes its a cock on closing action.
Cheers
Jeff.

Posts: 7 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
While on holiday back home in N.Z. I was able to find more on this rifle.

A limited number were made in the winters of 1984/1985 at the Norma factory to keep the gunsmiths occupied, the action and bolt were lapped and trued, the barrels were supplied by shultz and larsen, match trigger fitted,action bedded and barrel floated and then shot in to ensure accuracy, only 4 were imported into N.Z.and retailed at the same price as a new Sako.

All finished,have replaced the trigger with a Bold and boy does she shoot