THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Any one have more info. 0.043 mosquito swatter?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one have more info. 0.043 mosquito swatter?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any one reload this? Have one? Shot one. What does the bullet weigh? Any info would be nice. I might have one made if I can get this info. Thanks.

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're saying the bullet is 0.043 inches in diameter? My mind is boggled...

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't jumped thru any hoops looking for info on the cartridge, and don't even know if it really exists. I realize it's referenced on the banner for this forum, but...

FWIW, the diameter listed in one publication for #12 shot is .05". I suppose you'd load the .043MS with mustard seed, but that's just a guess. If it exists, I'd say the originator had WAY too much time on his/her hands.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats what I want to know. I'm just thinking it might be fun. I've seen a .177 stinger, witch is a air rifle barrel sleeved in a center fire action. It use a 209 primer with a .177 cal pellet. To load just place the pellet in the bore,seat it then place the primer. From what the owner said it would get @ 600 to 650 fps depending on the brand of primers and pellets. Anyway, just wanted to know if this was maid from one of the old .04 pistal rounds? Yes, at one time somone maid a .04 pistal for "fun" shooting. I'm not sure if it was air powered or cartrige, but I want to say cartrige.

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote