Find
Notify
Tools

Info on the 8x68S Ackley Improved
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jedi
posted
I did - for a long time, live in the belief that I was the only one who had thought of improving the 8x68S ... thumb
It wasn't until I started to contact reamer-manufacturers, that I learned that there was a 8x68S Ackley Improved around. Searching the web I only found a reference to it at Midway, selling a "go-gauge" for such a chambering.

I have several questions:
- I have never seen (obviously) this cartridge mentioned as one that P.O. Ackley did improve. Is this a Ackley-improved cartridge? Has it just been named a "Ackley" for following the Ackley receipe, like with the 6,5x55 "AI" (BJAI)?
- Is there anyone "out there" who has got any experience with this chambering, - or know of any who has?
- If someone has some experience, - how does this cartridge compare to a 8mm Rem.Mag., and are there any places I can get some hints at reloading for it?

I'm looking very much forward to all kinds of info on this cartridge.

Col. Townsend Whelen: "Only accurate guns are interesting."
- May The Force Be With You

Posts: 52 | Location: Elverum, Norway | Registered: 04 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jedi The gunsmith at TNT Sports, a gunshop in Regina Saskatchewan, Canada has an improved version of the 6.5x 68or 8x68 . I don't believe it is the Ackley version. They may be able to help you.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote