Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7 mm Burgess
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen I recently received a gift of a rifle which is chanbered in 7MM Burgess.( 300 WM Case Necked to 7MM and blown out )Do any of you have any info regarding this round or anything that is similiar. I have a little info but I believe that this round should be capable of more that it shows. This was built by AC Burgess who is a very well known gunsmith in North Carolina. Thanks for the help DRBOB

Posts: 34 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DRBOB,
Check out Kenny Jarret's info on his .284 Jarrett. It is a 7mm on a necked down .300WM case also. Kenny has been quite an influence on many gunsmiths in the Carolinas. http://www.jarrettrifles.com/petcalibers.aspx

Posts: 87 | Location: High Above the Timberline | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Argali, thanks for your reply, but the only thing I could find out was the case capacity. Mr. Burgess is in his eighties and probably would have been an example for Kenny to follow. If anyone has any loading on the 284 Jarrett please advise Thanks again DRBOB

Posts: 34 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe start with 7mm Dakota loads. IIRC they are in Sierra's and Barnes manuals.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote