New
Find
Notify
Tools

Market for case forming dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking of making a run of case forming dies. The bushing holder will fit your 7/8" press. It will have 9 bushings. The bushing IDs will be .404, .386, .348, .323, .302, .272, .250, .223, and .205.
The bushings will be case hardened and polished. The sets will run $175.
Butch
www.shadetreeea.com

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of swageall
posted Hide Post
Butch;

Count me in for a set, I just missed the last sets you sold a year or two ago.

Swageall

one at a time --- LRBC

Posts: 20 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: 19 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a set of the old dies and I'm here to tell you that they are the most-used dies that I have.

If Butch is making them I know they will be first class and I encourage you to get some while you can. You won't be sorry.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
thumbI'm in beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am thinking of making a run of case forming dies

Butch, there might be other idiots around like me that are unsure exactly what your definition of a case forming die is.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I could get somebody to post a photo for me, I think that would help. Say you wanted to neck down and shorten a 358 to 14 cal and 1.25" in height. These bushings will allow you to do that. That is an extreme example. You would not have to buy several case forming die sets.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Butch send a photo to ramrod340@hotmail.com and I'll be happy to post it.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Butch

I'm in.

Rich

Posts: 6433 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a photo of my old set along with 7 of the bushings. It looks like Butch's will be of the same design and quality.

Over the years I have made a lot of additional bushings, I probably have 50 or more, to get an exact neck diameter and even for creating a particular shoulder angle. Even for swaging case bodies down and for crimping. There' no limit to what you can do with these dies with a little imagination.

As I said, you'll never be sorry that you bought a set. And I'm not in partners with Butch. This is an unsolicited endorsement.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The picture shows my 224 Wearwolf Killer with silver bullets. I shortened, necked down, and rebated 30-06 cartridge. It is 1.075 brass length. The flash on the photo makes the neck look like it has a flat on it.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another unsolicited endorsement here. I bought a set of these dies in 2006 . I'd read about them many years ago in Precision Shooting and didn't have the money then. Thank you Butch again.

Considering the fact that the two people who made these dies John Bunch and Skip Otto are gone now I was quite suprised that no one had stepped in to supply the market. I had even sent photo's of the die set to Robert Ruch at Forster and Robertson Composites.

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

Let me know when and how to get the money to you.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will keep everybody up to date. I will not take funds until they are shipped.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
As long as sending them internationally isnt a problem , then count me in too please.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4463 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muzza,
No trouble getting them to you. Stuart Elliott will be my agent in Oz.
I can ship direct to you though.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Butch,

i´m in.
Will contact you about s/h things.

Best
2RECON

Posts: 140 | Location: GERMANY | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2recon,
You are on the list.
Thanks Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Butch,
Please add me to your ever-growing list.
Regards,
Ed

Posts: 235 | Location: Ladson, SC, USA | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list for one set.
email tfsron at triangleflying dot com
Thanks
Ron Smiler

One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted Hide Post
How soon will these be complete and can I still get my name on the list?
Thanks
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2547 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich, Ron, and Doug I have you on the growing list. I will have to have 100 sets made to get the price. It is quite an investment for me at this time. Realistic time frame is 60-90 days.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornHow many orders do you now have, Butch? beerroger Roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 20 orders and will probably give a go ahead next week.
He is running 45days behind at the most. I am positive that it won't be over 60days.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was promised the dies within 30 days. If you would email me shipping and contact numbers that I can use to contact you.
Butch
papawlambert@starband.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. Cheers

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eurocentric,
You are covered. I need contact info either email or ph.numbers. I will not bill until I ship.
Butch
972-567-8166 cell
972-524-2247 hm.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Butch - Here's just what you don't need, a couple of pestiferous questions...

1. Will your bushings fit the late Skip Otto's similar dies?

2. Are you planning to make bushings available separately? If so do you have any ideas on price?

I just thought that if the answers were "Yes" and "Yes", it might help you move more goods more rapidly if folks knew that.

Either way, even though I have never seen your work to my knowledge, I can tell by your many posts here you are a knowledgeable, capable, and stand-up guy who has earned the respect of his peers. So I would recommend your dies to anyone who likes to fool around with different chamberings or brass sources. I have been using Skip Otto's for many years, and they are a real boon to Barbers...have many times kept me from pulling my remaining hair out. Yours will no doubt do the same for many folks of this later time.

Best wishes,

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC,
My bushings are .625 in diameter and .635 in height. The inside diameters are: .205- .223- .250- .272- .302- .323- .348- .386- and .404. I might be able to get a few numbers extra if I have a firm order soon. I would guess about $17.50 ea.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking to ship the week of Sept. 15th. They will leave heat treat next week. They will need to be polished and shipped. I will let you know when they are ready to ship.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing

Posts: 140 | Location: GERMANY | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Is it too late to get in on this order?

cheers
Bob

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had to order a 100 sets to get a decent price. I do have a few left. Send me an email with your contact info.
Butch
papawlambert@starband.net