New
Find
Notify
Tools

25-308 Sako L579 Custom (Souper)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need help with load data i would like to use the Nosler 85 grn.BT for Varmint and possibly Deer .Its built off of an older Sako Action L-579 it was a 308 at one time it has a Shilen Match Grade Barrel,MacMillan Marbled Stock,Glass and Pillar Bedded,and a Sako adjustible Trigger that i traded out ,groups well.thanks for looking Joe[IMG:left][UR [/IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[IMG:top] [/IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice build, how come you dont use real scope rings, optilocks are the best, I belive you will find that if there are inconsistancies with the rifles grouping they will come from the rings.

Still a smashing build, thanks for sharing.

Best regards Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
Joseph- You could use the data for my 257DGR- I would back off a grain or so and work back up. The Souper has a liitle more case capacity, but when you subtract for bullet displacement the net is very close to the 257DGR.
Data is on my web site;

www.duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6.5BR
posted Hide Post
HM98, had an L579 and used SAKO original rings, also an AII and used Leupold, w/o trouble, NOT sure the L579 can take the OptiLocks....?

Posts: 2898 | Registered: 25 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
6,5BR well then that would be my bad then, I have a 591 and it can and must have optilocks, but since I am in the blue here I will not disagree with you.

Still it´s a nice rigg.

Best regards Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for your replies,i have sinces replaced the rings w/sako rings they do fit the L579,this is one of my favorite rifles,the more i shoot it the more i like it,your right once i changed the rings my groups really improved alot ,it likes varget,and the heavier bullets,i am going to start mess w/some loads that always takes some time i was hoping that someone had a load worked up ?the sako rings brought the scope down a little closer to the barrel which is also better.