THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Re: Rebarrelling a 6.5x55 swedish mauser

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Rebarrelling a 6.5x55 swedish mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yep... Leave a swedish mauser a 6.5x55. If you rebarrel it you are just making it worth way less than it is. It wont be worth what you paid for the barrel.

The m96 action is realy only good for the 6.5x55 cartrige. Anything else with higher pressure is not recomended. Besides its a cock on closeing action.

The best thing to do is leave it exactly how it was made.

I have a custom sporter swede I built from new/ old parts I got from Numrich. 1943 husky reciever and a new swede barrel 6.5x55. Only mods are a custom stock,trued and squared reciever,Talley bolt handle,safety,no sights on the barrel, bold trigger.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a rifle is a rifle until you look at the swede then you have to shoot it and then you will realize the fact that from 0 yds out to 1000 yds this little cartidge is differant , it stays on the target kills everything it hits and don't kick if I were you I would pickup a cheap turk or a vz 24 and hack away at them all you want .

one of us
posted Hide Post
747 is right.

Any barrel you put on it will have to run at reduced loads.

The Swede is about as enjoyable a rifle as you can get. The workmanship is excellent, as is the accuracy.

M98's, Czechs and Turks are fine for anything up to 30-06. Yugos are good for some of shorter cartridges.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote