New
Find
Notify
Tools

is it worth it?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
im looking for a rem 700 action for a little project and im sticking to the 06 case, anyway i found an old blued rem 25-06 thats had a remington varmint stock put on it. anyway a new sps over here is worth $1000nzd which is around $700usd. well they want $800nzd ($560usd) for it, and i dont think the barrel is alot of use because i had a look down it and it looks pretty rusty even though they say it has a "good barrel"

does anyone think that its worth the 800 bucks?

oh im probably going to rebarrel it and turn it into a 280AI

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it has no scope, it comes with weaver style mounts but unsure of the brand, and im fairly sure they are steel ones. next time im in there ill point out the rusty barrel situation and perhaps take a look at the bolt and see if its rusted/pitted

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just sold an ADL 700, synthetic stock, in .25-06 like new minus sights (I'd taken them off and lost them) for $300. 700s must be hard to come by down there.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote