New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cylinder brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can I get cylinder brass in a magnum boltface and long enough to make a long action cartridge?

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway has Hornady Belted Magnum Basic brass in stock. Measures 2.87"

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, EP. I need it rimless, or rebated rim, as in the 300WSM.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now we're getting somewhere! The one to the far left looks most like for what I am looking. Who makes it and where can I get one to hold in my sweaty, dirty hands?

Picture of hcpookie
posted Hide Post
Z-hat advertises .30-06 cylinder brass:

http://www.z-hat.com/Cylinder.htm

I wonder if they have others available?

I saw in Cabela's that they have .45 Basic brass available. Not sure if it would work for Magnum conversions but something else to consider.

=================
My Gun Projects Home - including the Pink and Blue AK-74:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129

Posts: 18 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 14 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like the 300RUM would be a good place to start. It is plenty long enough for what I want to do and already has the proper head dimensions...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to this after a long hiatus. The 300RUM will not do what I need. I need a case that is larger in diameter than .555 at the base datum and is at least as long as a .30-06 case. The 404 Jeffrey has been mentioned. I looked at it. It's too small at the base datum. The 416 Rigby will work if I open up the boltface from .532 to .590 inches. Now I need to find some. I went to superiorammo.com, but there's just a listing of cartridges there. Where can I actually buy the stuff?

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
The 416 Rigby will work if I open up the boltface from .532 to .590 inches. Now I need to find some. I went to superiorammo.com, but there's just a listing of cartridges there. Where can I actually buy the stuff?
Try Quality Cartridge, here is their weblink:

http://www.qual-cart.com/416rigby.htm

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote