Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 9x72mm Bwana-be range report
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Wicked cool BB...

i think there's some "358 imperial" data out there, which is more or less what you've got..

damn fine 35!!!

bet it would send 225gr barnes at 3000+

jeffe

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, got the old girl out to the forest again. Need to get moving on developing a load before elk season - more important, before the rains set in.
For those that don't recall, it's a 358-404 Imp, a bit bigger capacity than a necked down 375 RUM.
I found 93g of RL25 will give a 280g A-Frame right at 2900 fps, which is a little more than I figure on. Gonna try some groups with 92, 92.3, 92.5, 92.7 and 93g, see if the rifle likes it.
I went up to 94.5g before my conscience told me to step away from the bench, though there were no signs of primer abuse, and casehead expansion was quite negligable.
Also looked at RL 22, a possibility if I have time to eplore it, as well as H4831. The latter I didn't really have any data on, and started way low, shooting a string from 2475-2690 fps.
After about 20 rounds overall, I feel less abused than with a short go with the Rem 870. That Pachmyer really takes the sting out, though this was all from standing, over the chrony. We'll see next w/e when I sit at the bench for the same number of rounds at 5k ft/lb each.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote