New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Wich improved Whelen. ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have the AI version, and with a 24" barrel the velocity with the 250 speer is 2650-2680 fps. I am thinking about building a pair for my sons and I think they will be standard versions.

www.duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
One of these day's my whelen Imp. will be done it has been a long three years. The fellow building it said it will be done this winter. I used a adams and bennet barrel I hope it shoots good I heard good things and bad things about there barrels. When I bought the barrel midway advertised it as a 24 inch but it a little over 23 3/4 clos enough I guess.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with Paul H. that improving this caliber will give you poor returns on your investment. If you need to drive the bullets faster in this caliber I'd go with the 358 Norma Mag. Cases can be made from 338 Win Mag though they end up a little short or I've already formed them from 300 Win Mag and they worked fine. Paul.

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote