New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom cases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anybody know who to talk to about getting some cases made with custom headstamps? I have a couple of wildcats & a .22 hipower I want cases made for.

Posts: 359 | Location: 40N,104W | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would do a search on the net, and see what you come up with. The last time I heard of custom headstamped brass, it was expensive. I think there was a mininum run of a 1000 pcs. at a buck apiece. Piece price went down as count went up. Now that's from memory, and might be off abit. But know I didn't think much of it, fore the expense. Also, that was a few years ago. And technology has progressed, so cost may have come down. Try a search on custom rifle brass.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The cost depends on what you are requesting from the brass maker. If you want a whole new factory formed case, they will have to make tooling. Some brass makers request 25,000 pieces minimum for that, others just charge an arm and leg. Adding the headstamp is not that expensive once the initial cost is there, usually about $400 ... but the big hurdle is getting the original brass run. If you are working from a case that the maker already produces and he can simply seperate some of your "basic" cases from the run, it will be cheaper.

Let's put it this way
Original 458 SOCOM prototype brass, 2000 pieces, no custom headstamp, $0.45 per case, unformed
Factory made, formed and headstamped, 25000 pieces minimum, same price
Factory made, formed and headstamped 500 Phantom brass, 100 pieces, $7 per case .....

Posts: 327 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody want to go in on some .30 newton brass?? 7 skins is pretty steep!

Posts: 359 | Location: 40N,104W | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If you can find someone to make the Newtons,I would go in on it.Let me know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You could try with H. Dieter Horneber in Germany.

a few years back I went the wildcat route with a 9,3x64 Brenneke necked down to 8mm (8mm MAZON). 9,3x64 brass is plenty available from rws, at least in my country, but I wanted cases with my own proper headstamp.

I checked with different makers and everyone asked for a very large minimum order, except H. Horneber who made me 300 of them.

He keeps the special tooling with him which I had to pay once and forever.

I can't remember well what the total cost was but I reckon it sounded reasonable.

Please do a search as some other time I posted here his contact details, which I do not have by me right now.

Regards,

montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quality Cartridge did my headstamp

http://www.owlnet.com/quality/index.html

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote