New
Find
Notify
Tools

.25-303 British
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've got a P14 ERA action gathering dust in my closet. it's barreled as a .303 brit but the bore is pitted and quite dark. was thinking of rebareling to .25-303 Brit @ 26". Haven;t seen dies listed for this caliber, any thoughts on to who makes them? I know this is a popular round in Australia....

Thanks!

Posts: 59 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Somewhere in the recess of my memory I'm thinking Lyman may make dies. Simplex in Australia is another option.
Chase down BAW, pretty sure he has a 303-25.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CH4D lists the .25-303 for $72.45.

WC

Posts: 407 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the smith has a .25-303 Epps Reamer, but not the standard Reamer. anyone know anything about this round? I would hazard a guess it's a 15% faster .25-303?

CH4D ? I've never heard of them... yes I'm a rook Wink

Posts: 59 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

CH4D ? I've never heard of them... yes I'm a rook Wink

Amphibious, go to http://www.ch4d.com

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If he has the reamer, ask whether he's prepared to make you a set of dies? At least you'll know they're a perfect match for your chamber.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesAs a youngster hanging around the local hole in the wall gun store I remember the guys talking about the 25 Krag, It dawned on me reading this thread that the .303 and Krag are basicly the same case. Perhaps the reamers and dies can still be had. thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been able to find Dies and loading info for the .25-303. will try to dig up a reamer. from the sounds of it the Epps version is more trouble then it;s worth... oh the joy of wildcats...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might contact Ellwood Epps in Ont. Canada. His store is still in business even though Ellwood himself is deceased(I think) The 25 Epps is a great fix. I have a 6.5 Epps on a P14. Good luck, Mark

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which he proposes to pay off with your money. Gordon Liddy

Posts: 199 | Location: Sask, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amphibious I tried to send a private e-mail but your in box is full. If you want information about an Epps cartridge or to have a rifle chambered I suggest you deal with one Ellwood Epps grandsons. He owns Wise Choice Gunsmithing RR2 Hwy 11 N, Killworthy Ont. P0E 1G0. His phone & fax is (705) 689-9473.

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote