Find
Notify
Tools

Feedback on possible wildcat.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted
I've got a .411KDF that I bought from a 2nd party who got it from the inventor. Since it's a proprietary round I guess I can't build another? If so, how can Shilen offer the chambering? Now, I'm wondering about cobbling together a .411/.458Lott using my .411KDF dies until I can have a proper die set made. Well, when all's said and done, maybe I should just get a .400H&H? What should I do to end my quandry besides toss back a few cold ones?

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
If Shilen can offer barrels, then maybe you can build another one. Are you wanting two rifles in the same caliber?
what about the 416 Rem? I'm guessing you want a .411, not .416? I wonder if the 416 Rem dies would leave the neck about the right diameter if you took the expander out? If not, you could full length resize with the 416 Rem dies and then neck size with your 411 KDF.

Here's a link compareing the 411KDF to the 416 Taylor.
http://www.accuratepowder.com/data/PerCaliber2Guide/Rif...lor%20page%20325.pdf

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm fascinated by the 41cal magnums and had a friend run some 458WM through his Lee 416Taylor dies with expander removed. Sure enough ... the resized cases will hold a .411 projectile.
I think Lar45 is right on regarding using 416Rem dies with the expander removed. Also take a look at the specs on the 400Pondoro for another very similar cartridge to what your considering. The 411KDF may be a "proprietry round" but reamers are definately available from major suppliers.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
If you want most of it, get the one with largest case volume. If you want a nice rifle, pleasant to shoot, I'd go with the .400 H&H any time. 360's at max is more than flat enough, 400 at 2150 will do for anything close up.

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote