THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    6 mm Pivi magnum posted on municion.org website

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 mm Pivi magnum posted on municion.org website
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Eh eh

Big Grin

http://www.municion.org/6Mm/6mmPiviMagnum.htm

PS:since you shot tons of 577 T-Rex ammo in the videos..maybe it would be possible you have a spare,fired , empty , blackened , 577 T-Rex case somewhere
It is very rare to find and extremely expensive to buy as loaded or dummy round

Posts: 110 | Location: Italy | Registered: 26 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
coffeeSure looks pretty close to a 6mm X .284 without rebate to me. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes,you are right,although base and shoulder are larger than the 6 - 284 .
The wildcat you mentioned,being based on the 284 case has a rebated rim that could be adapted to a 30/06 bolt without bolt face alterations.I think I will turned down the rim of my wildcat too

Please note that I had this round in mind in 1998...I was 18 and hadn't seen a 284 winchester or a 6 - 284 wildcat yet...here in Italy wildcats and even the 284 Winchester are almost unknown and I bought my first cartridge book when I was 21...

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please note that I had this round in mind in 1998...I was 18 and hadn't seen a 284 winchester or a 6 - 284 wildcat yet...here in Italy wildcats and even the 284 Winchester are almost unknown and I bought my first cartridge book when I was 21...

Take a look at the 7.5x55 Swiss for a parent case. You'd come rather close. rogerbeer

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Wish I could read that stuff. Frowner

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Kemp:
Wish I could read that stuff. Frowner

popcornMultiply each by .03937 toget inches. fishingroger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry collectors,no dupes available!