New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm Apex Mag
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Would anyone out there have the cartridge dimensions for the 7mm Apex Mag. I believe it was a 2.5" long H&H type case with the taper of the std 300 H&H.It would have had a longer neck than the 7mm Rem Mag. I was wondering how much the barrel would have to be set back for a 7x61 reamer to clean up the old chamber? Thanks for any information you might have.

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not even a wild assed guess?

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get a gunsmith or yourself to cast the chamber and measurements will be far more accurate than guessing.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
This is the best I can do to help. Can't find a 7mm Apex dwg, but here's the 300 Apex and the 7x61 S&H. A guy I worked with had a 300 Apex.

You're on your own with assumptions as to how the 7mm Apex compares with the 300 Apex.

MM

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Muskeg Man. I believe the 6.5,7mm and the 300 Apex were basically the same case. There was also a super 300 Apex which was a full length 300 H&H with a sharper shoulder